Monday, August 13, 2012

A Tradition I Hope Never Dies

A tradition I love and hope wont get lost is when the children leave the house they ask for a blessing. We use the short cut - they would say cion mommy, daddy, grandma (Tutu), grandpa, auntie and uncle what relative would be around. The adult would reply God Bless You. Also related to this - Compadres were adults who are chosen to become part of the family and participate in religious rites. The padrinos (godparents) of the child and the child's parents are the compadres. The children ask the blessing, "la
benedicion" and padrinos reply "Dios te bendiga" (may God bless you).

It is a beautiful tradition I hope to pass down to my children and grandchildren.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I love them!

Pin It